Statement of Faith
We subscribe to the principles and spirit of the Lausanne Covenant, which affirms that the Gospel of Jesus Christ addresses the spiritual, physical, and social needs of human beings. This truth compels us to a ministry that is holistic and integrated – meeting the needs of the whole person by seamlessly combining spiritual, physical and social ministries.
The Board and staff members of El Refugio subscribe to the following “Statement of Faith” as stated by the World Evangelical Alliance and National Association of Evangelicals:
- We believe that the Bible, in its entirety in the original writings, is the inspired, inerrant, infallible and authoritative Word of God. As such, we submit to it as the standard for our conduct.
- We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious death and the atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His imminent personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, faith in the Lord Jesus Christ provides the only grounds for justification.
- We believe in the regenerating ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose power the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body and life eternal.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of the Church, which is the Body of Christ, composed of all who are regenerated through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the reality of heaven, hell and Satan, which gives urgency to Christ’s command to reach all of the world with the Gospel.
In the Spirit of Jesus, we reject any form of religious coercion. In our programs we serve all people regardless of religion, race or ethnicity, respecting all human beings as created in the image of God.